Monday, March 12, 2007

You know you're a homeschool student when....

When you accidentally step in the toilet while looking for St. Petersberg on the map.

Poor Liana.

We have a bunch of world maps in the kids' bathroom. (Hey, don't you get your best readin' done in there too?) So, anyway, we were reading one of our school books on Peter the Great, when we decided we wanted to check out the world map to understand the story better. Seemed like a good idea at the time. We do it all the time. We all got much too excited about it though.

Well, Liana did. She charged into the bathroom like a mad-woman, and leaped up "onto" the toilet, but oops, the lid was up, and instead she leaped "into" it.

I wonder if she'll ever forget where St. Petersberg is now? *tee-hee*

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I so enjoy reading about your fun times- even the toilet ones:) We just received word last week that we will be parents to a beautiful 3 year old girl from Guatemala soon. I hope I can be as great a mom as you are Shelly. Jo from the ttc board

Anonymous said...

JO? Looks like I need to email you! Congratulations!!!

Missy said...

I can hear the squeals now! Poor thing!
Missy

Ruth said...

I think it's great she was that excited about something on a map! Kids nowadays generally don't know much when it comes to geography. Thanks for the laugh!

Marnie said...

I'm sure she'll always remember where St. Petersburg is -- in the bathroom!

Calico Sky said...

I am sure she will ALWAYS remember that one!!!
I have missed your blog - 3 weeks no internet connection = not fun