Tuesday, April 29, 2008

House!

Well, we have an accepted offer on a house!!! Can't hardly believe it! We will close June 10 and will move after that sometime (not in a hurry as I am hoping to move a room at a time.)

Swingset, sandbox, fenced in back yard, room for a humdinger garden (!!!), four bedrooms, finished walk-out basement, a big pantry, (woo-hoo, no more storing cans in the coat closet!), family room, game room (will be our school room), and it even has an office for John. We're so excited! The only negatives are the commute for John and the lack of woods for the kids to romp around in. They'll miss that. I'll totally miss our view here also. I've had the curtains flung open to soak in the view here while we can. Soon there will be nothing to see but another house right across the street. Oh well. Ya gotta weigh those pros and cons, dontcha?

And as I said before, my chickens and goats are out. That's probably for the best! Did I mention that one of the houses we walked through had goats?! They kept 'em in the garage of all places! lol! That would have been a neat hunk of land (it was three acres or so), but the house was not what we would have liked. It had a bowed-in basement wall, not enough kitchen cupboards (though it did have a pantry), and the master bedroom was an enlarged landing on the second floor. No doors. Weird, but the house was also over a hundred years old. Made John about have a panic attack seeing all the "projects" to be done there... lol! (But it had rhubarb and currant bushes and cherry trees....) *swoons* ;o) I guess I can plant my own though, right?

I'm so looking forward to setting down some roots and not being afraid to put a nail in the wall. Also looking forward to having places to put stuff. Our realtor is going to have someone till up my garden for me as a house-warming gift. Even offered to buy us some tomato plants! :o)

7 comments:

Ruth said...

Congrats!!!! I'll look forward to seeing pics of your new home (and garden!) this summer!! I hope you all love the new home! ;-)

Anonymous said...

Shelly! I CAN'T WAIT for you to get all moved in and have your touches all over the house. You get to "Shellinize"! I know that when I moved here and "Sharonized," (did you come up with that word? I love it!!) it was *almost* as fun as playing with little kids, but you get to do that, too! Talk about BONUS!! I am so happy for you and your little family. Congratulations just doesn't sound big enough for what I am feeling for you. ((((BIG,BIG HUGS ALL AROUND!!))))

Love you,
Sharon

Anonymous said...

Yea, that's so exciting! I know you will be busy packing etc...it's fun though! At least you didn't have the HEADACHE of selling a house (I don't think). Mine has been for sale since last July. My girls so need their own bedrooms! Anyway, have fun the next couple months.

Barb L.

Anonymous said...

How exciting! We can't wait to see it!
Cath Hendrickson

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Shelly! Sounds like it's tons of space for all!! THINK of all the marvelous canning you can do this summer!! Yummmmm. -- Laurel in Tulsa

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you!!! I have looked at the website photos over and over again. Wish there were more pictures of the yard, but that is not what they were selling now is it. I even have a house warming gift for you already. It just has to go along with that wonderful garden you will be having. Remember I have Grandma's roses that need to find their new home, and strawberries, and rhubarb, and chives for you too. Yeah!!! I am so excited for all of you.
Love you all,
Mom

Courtney Kruse said...

So good to see you and the family today! There's never really enough time to catch up with everyone... Love the picture of Abrielle- Your couch looks like you took her to a professional studio! We'll be praying that the closing and your move goes smoothly!
Cousin Courtney (secret occasional blog reader)