Sunday, January 30, 2011

Brynn's First Birthday!



Well, as far as birthdays go, this was about as low-key as you can get.... but Brynn didn't seem to mind. :o) We had church this morning with a potluck afterward, and then she had a nap, and then we partied by eating cupcakes and Brynn opened a few pressies. I didn't even cook supper 'cause I've been sick most afternoons, and since it's Sunday, I sorta called myself a day of rest. ;o) I doubt she'll be scarred for life.

One whole year old. Can't believe how fast time flies. Brynn is taking two steps at a time. The kids say they saw three, but I didn't, so it didn't happen. ;o) She is also repeating a lot of what we say. Her new word as of yesterday is "Peek-a-boo," but otherwise her vocabulary is "Mama," "Papa," "night-night," "all done," "day doe" (there you go; as in when she hands you something) "na-noo" (thank you), "diaper," "hi," and "bye-bye." I'm sure I'm missing one or two, but that's what we've been hearing so far, along with some odds and ends repeating what we think "could" be what we just said, but we're not sure. In other words, we're at a really fun stage with her. :o)

Even as I'm writing this, Liana is walking with her, and letting go here and there so she takes steps alone. I guess I finally saw "three." I'd better sign off before she heads to college on me...

1 comment:

~katie~ said...

Happy Birthday to beautiful Brynn! What a cutie!