Friday, July 30, 2004

More pics, and About Names

I don't have my journal typed yet, so I don't have that to post, but I do want to comment on the kids' names.

We have been going Round and Round about names for the past year+. We could think of two boys' names that we liked, Alek (Aleksander) and Adam. But for girls' names, we could only think of one. So, I just thought that must have meant that if we wound up with three kids, that they'd be two boys and a girl. If two girls, I thought we'd never give the poor Second Girl a name. "Hi, this is Liana and The Other One." Anyway, once we heard that there WERE two girls, Panic set in. (That's why I made Vika look further for another set of three... "We ain't got no name for this one!") Anyway, as we were sitting at the city inspector's office, I mentioned to Vika our problem, and asked her what her favorite girls' name is, and she told me Aleksandra. So, we took our "Alek" and made it into "Aleksa." And that's that. (Even if John can't always spell it right!) ;O)

Love Shelly

P.S. Here are two more pictures that we took during the first meeting on Friday. Many of the kids at the orphanage were in their undies and caps today; ours at least had shorts. (Aren't they going to love these pics some day?) (Check John's blog entries to read about them today.)

Balloons 1
Balloons 2

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Shelly & John,

Since I am the writer, I thought I would continue to post on Shelly's blog. Thanks for sending the pictures and the detailed updates. Yes, I was reading them orally to Steve, and I, the emotional one, had a very shakey voice and tears! (of JOY of course!) This is so neat. So far it sounds like things are going as smooth as possible. We will just keep praying!

Love, The Lewison 5!!!!! To the Fisher 5!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Dear John and Shelly, Praise God! We have been reading your postings as a family and it has been great to see God's hand in all of this. We love the pictures and the big smiles on the children's faces and John's too(tee hee) You are all in our prayers, Ron, Kelly, Jordan, Alicyn and Lauryn