Sunday, April 10, 2005

Nail-biting

We've been telling Aleksa to stop biting her nails, and that big girls don't do that, etc. She has been doing great, and has nice white almost-needing-to-be-clipped fingernails now. She was showing them off to the lady sitting ahead of us at church today. She said, "See my nails? I not bite them. I'm getting married soon." Apparently she thought that us telling her that big girls don't bite them, that she'd be an instant grown-up if she quit. She was pretty disappointed when I explained that she had to wait a loooooong time before she moves away and gets married. I didn't even think to ask her who the lucky groom was. Papa needs to know who to look out for...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just wanted you to know that there are alot of women (including me) that will continue to need your sage advice on the ttc adoption board. There are many of us that have been deeply touched by the stories of your adoption journey and we care very much about your happiness. Please, if you have time, continue to post- we would miss you very much otherwise. You are a special person... Jo