Saturday, April 30, 2005

Spider!

This morning while I was reading to the kids on the couch, Adam looked up on the ceiling and started yelling, "Our spider! Our spider!" Remember the spider from our Christmas tree? Well, apparently, this was "him." Instantly, all three kids were cooing over our pet arachnid telling him how they missed him, etc. Liana announced that his name is Frederick, and they were all three tickled to see that Frederick's house is a web in the corner, which, I'm sure they will daily inspect to make sure is still in tact, safe and sound. *sigh* They couldn't wait to show Papa that it made it all the way through the winter and was still in our house. John asked them if they were sure this was the same one, and Adam told him that this one was the same, but it had just grown up. (This was a bigger spider than the one on our tree...) *sigh*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ya know, I almost forgot about that! But! It wasn't mine, it was Mom's. Dad also had a "pet spider" living on a picture frame on his wall not too long ago. If I remember right, someone killed it - on purpose - and Dad almost had a heart attack. I've never kept a pet spider myself, but I do find it amusing that everyone I've ever lived with ('cept John! Good boy, John!), likes them well enough to be part of the family. Big-hearted folks in my fam!