Thursday, August 17, 2006

Two Years Home!!!!!!!!!!!

Two Whole Whoppin' Years Home today!

I'm a little disappointed though, because Adam is a sick puppy today. He's feeling like a Mac Truck hit him. Sore throat, runny nose, achey body. He's been sacked out on the couch drinking tea.

I have to say, though, I look forward to times the kids are under the weather. It's a great opportunity to bond. I imagine every mom extra-enjoys doting on her sick kids even though she's sad their sick. It's just nice to be needed, and nice to have such vulnerable kiddos. It's also good for the kids to let their guards down and let themselves "need" their moms a little over-time for a day or two. Great bonding times for everyone.

Still, so much for my big celebration plans, *sigh*, but I guess they'll have to wait until our Star Patient is feeling better. I'll try to get some pics posted later on with a better 2 Year Home update....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW, congratulations on two years!!! Sorry to hear Adam is under the weather; you're right, these are good bonding times. May the coming year be blessed with many many special moments! Love, Laurel in Tulsa

Tamra said...

We just celebrated two years home with our daughter! How wonderful for you!!!

Missy said...

Congrats Fisher family on 2 years. It seems like yesterday I was reading your blog on the day you decided to meet 2 girls and a boy! It just doesn't seem real that it has been 2 years since you've been home!
Missy

Debora Hoffmann said...

Congratulations on your two-year anniversary! My husband and I are hoping to adopt from Ukraine some day (we're praying it opens up next year), and we would love to adopt siblings, so I'm thrilled to have found your blog. You all are a big inspiration for me as I pray to be a mommy someday. God bless you, Debbie