Monday, September 01, 2008

Crayola Craziness

I love school supplies. I love the smell of them. I love organizers for them. I love pencil boxes and pencils. And glue bottles. And neon erasers. And *washable* markers. And crayons that come with their own sharpeners. And folders with Cinderella on them, and notebooks with Spiderman.

And so, when Walmart had a sale this weekend, and the aisle was packed with other frenzied moms getting last minute needs for their new grade-schoolers, I caught the bug Bad. Well, I guess I must have. I didn't realize how glazed over and put-it-in-the-cart-ish I was until I hit the cash register.

The lady got half-way through checking me out, and then stopped suddenly and said, "Uh, this isn't for a tax exemption, is it?"

That's how many school supplies I bought.

It's a sickness I tell you.

(Might be headed back this afternoon... I forgot the sticky tack and scissors...)

Please send help.

7 comments:

Ruth said...

Now your school IS non-profit so maybe the IRS should give you a tax exempt number? :-) Sticky tack was a must have for me when I was a teacher. I hope your 3 kiddos have a great year in school this year! Of course your fourth will learn a lot too this year - just not the sort of stuff we officially call "school." I think it's great how you are such a creative teacher using things like trips to the store for Adam to improve his money math skills.

Anonymous said...

OHHH, I love school supplies too! Too bad my kids don't like the shopping part, so I buy the kits they sell at school. But it doesn't keep me from buying for myself. Tee-Hee-Hee!
Cath

Anonymous said...

I am totally the same way!!! I love it all!!! I always loved school. I couldn't wait to get all my school supplies each year. When I started college I was the same way and still am. I can't wait until my daughter is old enough for all that. I have the daycare and I do preschool with the kids and I always get excited when I get to buy workbooks and all. lol.

Unknown said...

Ooohhh! I have the same mental illness. I love, love, love school supplies and anything that keeps them organized. I was so disappointed when I realized that I had almost everything I needed this year - except sticky tack. Can't be putting timeline figures up without the good old sticky tack. What core are you guys doing this year?

Shelly said...

Julie! We're doing Core 4 this year... SO EXCITED!!!!

Anonymous said...

I used to love buying school supplies too. The start of the school year that just brings back memories. Maybe as you get older you start to appreciate how much fun and easier school was. Now, we live through our kids.

I hope that your kids enjoy the school year. And maybe enjoy it?

Lori
www.myadoptionforms.com

vodkamartini said...

Getting my back to school supplies was always my favorite part of going back! I'm the same way, I just loooove the smell of a new box of crayons. I was beside myself with joy having to get stuff from not one, but two supply lists this year. Today is Natasha's first day of Kindergarten and I don't know who's more excited!!!