Friday, February 11, 2011

To the rescue!

It's been a long week over here... I've been down with a chest cold, and have had very little extra energy.

On Wednesday, however, a friend had heard about that, and came over early that afternoon to wrangle the kids and help me with school. She sat and quizzed the girls with their music theory, and did who-knows-what-else with them, while she shooed me away so I could go take a nap.

I woke up feeling so much better, and while she and my kids were all off playing who-knows-what downstairs, (I did see that our guest had been gussied up in one of the girls' dress-up dresses!), I made supper without interruptions! It was amazing!)

Good friends are such treasures... So thankful for her! It was a gentle rebuke to me, though... "How have I been a friend to someone today/this week?" What about you?

No comments: