Saturday, May 07, 2005

Happy Mother's Day!!!!!

Happy Mother's Day to all of you who are still in the process of adopting! (Lois, Lisa, Jo... and lots of others I know I'm forgetting...) Even if you have decided to adopt, then you're a mom, whether or not your child is here yet. Don't forget that just saying "we're adopting" is a BFP! (That's "Big Fat Positive" for those who don't know the "trying-to-have-a-baby" lingo.) Everyone who is pregnant is undoubtedly going to whoop it up this Mother's Day, and there is NOOOOO reason all of you shouldn't be doing the same. Your child is on the way! I'm so thrilled for all of you! We are all truly blessed. This holiday is is finally for YOU - and don't you dare let anyone tell you it isn't! Only moms put themselves through the hoops involved with adoption.

Don't let the old pangs of sorrow rain on your day tomorrow. Just because that child isn't in your arms yet doesn't mean you are less of a parent. If you were pg, you wouldn't have anyone to hold yet either. Maybe you're not pg, and maybe you don't even have a travel date yet, but you are most definitely "expecting!"

Happy Mother's Day to you all!

xo

Shelly

1 comment:

Falling for Ty and Zach said...

Thanks SO much Shelly - at least THIS Mother's Day I wasn't on the edge of tears as our pastor spoke. I didn't get brave enough to stand when he asked all the mothers to stand...NEXT year!

My DH was absolutely wonderful. Since I am ALMOST a mom, he got me ALMOST everything mom's are supposed to get...I didn't get a bouquet of roses, I got a pot of miniature roses...and I didn't get a box of chocolates, I got a candy bar...and instead of a card, he got me Parent's magazine! We were discussing his cleverness when we saw an ad on TV about jewelry for Mother's Day and I told him he forgot ALMOST one thing...Sunday afternoon, he jumped out of the car at the mall, ran inside with a handful of quarters and bought me an aluminum ring from the gumball machines! Won't my kids be lucky to have this guy as a daddy!!!

We are still waiting for our travel date...we are getting SO close! We are about half-way through the 2 month expected wait.

I LOVED the pics - you certainly have beautiful kids! Glad you are recovering! And congrats on your first GREAT BIG Mother's Day!