Friday, May 13, 2005

Whining and Stuff

The fun just goes on and on... My incision became infected last weekend, and so this week I've had the joy of going in to get the incision opened back up in one spot in order to drain the yuck out. Twice. Today as the doctor was finishing up he said, "I don't think we'll have to pack gauze in there." I thought, "WHAT DID YOU DO???" (I sure didn't watch what he did, and it took several hours at home before I got the nerve to look.) It's so ironic that this is happening to me; I can hardly stand to look at the GOOD parts of it, let alone have a big ole hole in it that "doesn't need to be packed up with gauze." Grosses. Me. Out. After today's drilling and draining, I decided that John gets to deal with cleaning and bandaid-ing. Just can't handle it. You don't have to say it; I know. I'm such a BABY!

Otherwise, it's really been life as usual for the kids. Adam found a baby bird the other day and made a nest for it in a plastic jug. He's also developed a real affinity for playing "Little Man" er, Mario on the Nintendo. (They all three call it "Little Man.") Liana has discovered the joys of green polish on her toenails thanks to her Auntie Cara. She can't bear to be without it now. Aleksa has been doing lots of painting and play-doughing. (So what if that isn't a word; My blog, my poor grammar!)

After completing all but 8 pages of her math book, I finally realized that Liana has been doing a first grade math curriculum instead of a Kindergarten one. Oops. John said he knew it all along and laughed at me when I was so shocked. I guess I just saw the "lowest level" math book on the Math-u-see website, and assumed it was kindergarten. It should have occurred to me that solving for unknowns, doing addition and subtraction, counting by 2's, 5's and 10's and telling time wasn't a Kindergarten sort of a thing. Good thing she's such a smart cookie. It really has been a good fit for her though. She's flown through the whole year's worth of curriculum, and we just started it in January. We'll be finishing it next week sometime.

No comments: