Sunday, May 08, 2005

Mother's Day!


Yay! I finally made it to Mother's Day with children! Let me tell you, I loved every minute of it. I'm completely drained of energy, (still not up to snuff since the surgery), but it was definitely worth it. The girls and I had matching dresses to wear to church. I sewed most of the girls' dresses, but Mom Fisher joined the bodice to the skirt for me and also did the button holes. She had to completely redo my dress. (Long story!) ;O)

I was ready for a long nap by noon, but we went out to dinner with the rest of John's family. It was really nice, but I came home and completely crashed.

John got me three dozen red and white roses! (Didn't he do good?!!!) The "kids" got me earrings, perfume and a watch. It was a really fun day.

Sorry about the pics... The "group shot" you can definitely tell that we'd all "had it" for the day. I was looking rather frazzled and ready for a long nap. The kids were all in "top form." (You'll see what I mean!) It's actually probably one of the best "real" pictures of us! Anyway, it made me chuckle, so I had to post it. We'll have to try again for a better pic a different day!

Adam (I had just told him to say, "I am a handsome Ukrainian Prince!") (Watch out girls, here comes my son!) ;o)
Liana
Liana
'Leksa
'Leksa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What great pictures, Shelly!!! Adam is SO TALL- he has really grown quickly. Your children look incredibly happy, healthy, and full of life. They are beautiful. I'm glad you are feeling better and had a nice Mother's Day, although I guess you didn't get that cordless dust-buster;) Oh, well, there's always Christmas! Also, thanks for the words of encouragement as we wait for our child. It made for a hope filled day thinking about your BFP comparison to adoption. Happy Mother's Day!!! Jo from the ttc adoption board