Monday, February 12, 2007

Missing

Been missing for a while... We've had a miserable few weeks. Aleksa did indeed "share" her germies with the rest of us, and unfortunatly I got the double whammy of being the Mom with clean-up duty, and also being sick myself. Unfortunately, that prolonged my own get-well process and I was down for days longer than everyone else.

It's been super cold up here the last few weeks. Schools have been cancelled even. I wound up having to watch one of the public school kids we know for one of those days, so I cancelled our own "school" and let the kids enjoy their friend. They did wind up making a bunch of their Valentines though, but that's "fun" school, and they didn't mind it!

I admit that I'm loving the construction paper mess more than the kids are, and I've been jealous of their stickers and their sparkles. Next year, I'm joining in the fun too. Still formulating a plan for Valentine's Day for our own family... I've been tucking away treats and goodies in Valentine gift bags for the kiddos. I'll probably wind up hiding them this year and letting them search for 'em. I have another Signing Time dvd on the way in the mail; really hoping it makes it here on time to be one of their gifts. Adam just offered the other day to spend his savings on another Signing Time dvd; I took that as a cue to get another one ordered asap!

Speaking of Adam, he has been stinking us out lately. Got him some cologne for his birthday, and the house has reeked ever since! Trying to figure a good way of ensuring he only uses one squirt, but it is just SO irresistable for him not to add an extra few. You know how he loves water, soap and all things squirty and smelly!

Speaking of "Missing," we had a horrible parenting moment yesterday.

We piled in the car after church, and got half-way down the street before Liana said, "Papa, but what about Aleksa?"

"What about Aleksa, Liana?" we asked.

Liana calmly exclaimed, "She's not here!"

That's right. We left her at church. Of course she was keenly aware of our absence, and of course there was a witness that came up to the car and asked, "You didn't actually forGET her, did you? Because I told her you'd NEVER leave her..."

Um. Yep. We did... Don't know HOW, but we did.

This parenting thing sure keeps us humble!

2 comments:

Calico Sky said...

Oh Shelly, I had been wondering if that last post was 'shared' lol!
Hope you are all feeling much better!

I had to laugh about the Aleksa story, it took you a couple yrs to 'forget one' lol my mom did it when I was 8 days old - forgot she had a baby and left me at the mall! oops!!!

Anonymous said...

LOL...brings back memories. When Grace was a toddler we went to church and entered the doors. Someone asked us where Grace was today. We had ALL (5 of us) gotton out and noone undid her car seat for her and none of us realized she had been left. So don't feel bad, I think we have all done it in some degree or another.
Tamera from ttc