Thursday, October 25, 2007

Awol again, sorry!

I've been asked where I am, so here I go with a much belated blogpost... Sorry guys!

Thanks everyone for the emails and posts about my dad... What an emotional rollercoaster ride it has been on our whole family. He's actually feeling pretty good right now, I think, and his pneumonia is clearing up pretty well. His regular hemotologist came back from his vacation this week, and Dad got right in to see him his first day back, and was able to hear some good news about the bloodwork that had been worked up... He had been told that he had leukemia and myeloma just a few weeks ago... further testing has shown that to be false. *whew* His hemoglobin, platelets, etc are still horrible, but at least the other two "biggies" aren't going to have to be dealt with too. There isn't a whole lot they can do for him, however, to improve his health other than to make him comfortable and careful about not getting injured etc. He's been talking more and more about heaven and seeing Mom though, and while I am sooooo happy that he has that peace, it is hard to know that my Little Fish isn't probably going to know Grandpa like the other grandchildren in the family, especially since Grandma will also be "just pictures" to him/her as well.

Speaking of the baby, lets just say I'm getting to the "uncomfortable" stage of things with only 3 weeks left before my due date. Not sleeping well these days, and am feeling like I'm a whale. I'm DEFINITELY "Big Fish" right now! lol!

The kiddos are doing fine and dandy. Not a whole lot to report... Um. Hmm. Nope, not a lot happening there. They're all wonderful. Most days. ;O)

5 comments:

Ruth said...

Thanks for posting the update! I was concerned about your Dad and also wondering if maybe you gave birth early since we hadn't heard from you in awhile. Glad to know everything is going well. It won't be long now til Little Fish will be in your arms and you won't feel like a "whale" any more! ;-)

Anonymous said...

We've been praying for your dad! One thing I wish we had done with our Mom was to record some of her memories.
http://www.amazon.com/Grandparents-Book-Milton-Kamen/dp/0895866552/ref=pd_bbs_6/102-0202107-7944170?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1193422269&sr=8-6
Cherish the time you have left with him here on this earth. 80+ years from now, little fish will get to spend the rest of eternity with Grandpa! If your dad feels up to it, try and catch him on tape telling stories. We have a video of Grandpa Fisher (I need to be reminded to bring it to the next Fisher family gathering) It's priceless!

My little man has been threatening to come early, so my doc put me on bed rest... so be happy you're a mobile whale and not beached! It should be interesting to see which little fish flops into the world first;)

Shelly said...

Another Little Fish mom! Cousin Courtney! I had heard you were having trouble with your Little Fish... I'm sooooo sorry you are "beached." Can't imagine having to be down for so many more weeks. Have you had enough help?

Thank you, so much for the reminder of how long eternity is. You're right. Little Fish will have PLENTY of time to get to know Grandpa and Grandma. That is the most comforting thing I've been told in a long, long time. I'm sure you've had lots of time this year to be thinking similar thoughts with your mom's sudden loss. It's hard to not have your mom in times like these, isn't it? Greatest joys, greatest fears, greatest ups, downs, overs, etc. I know I've missed my mom an awful lot this year...

Off to check out the link you posted... Hang in there, and know we are praying...

Shelly, mobile whale

Tami said...

Thanks for the update! Glad to hear your dad is better. I can't wait to hear about Little Fish's arrival.

Missy said...

I can't believe little Fish is going to be here so soon! It seems like yesterday when you were letting us know that you were expecting. :)