Friday, October 12, 2007

Prayer Request

Asking for prayer here... My dad went back to the hospital today to get two blood transfusions (his hemoglobin is like flat-lined)... when his body freaked out on him. He didn't even get one of the units of blood in him when his pulse and bp went out of whack, temp spiked, and he couldn't breathe. It wasn't a pretty sight. They had to "call in a team" to get things back under control, and kept him in the ER for closer observation until things stablized.

Plus, this week the doctors found some Leukemia and Myeloma cells in his blood. Just what a man with hemophilia and hepatitis C doesn't need. They took 14 vials of blood and we will get some more definitive results when his hemotologist gets back from Ireland on the 22nd.

Very hard for me to be so far away being 8 months pregnant. I'd love to hop in the car right now and see how he is for myself.... *sigh* Please pray for my dad, and also for us kids who are worried about him and wishing there were more we could do...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

We will pray for wisdom for doctors, health for your papa, and peace for you! --Laurel

Anonymous said...

Praying for you and your Papa.

vodkamartini said...

Praying very hard for your Dad here.

Will have the kiddos include him in their prayers too!

Sending you love!

Lisa

Tami said...

We're praying! Hang in there. ((HUGS))

Calico Sky said...

Oh Shelly, I missed so much while I was in hospital!
I am so sorry to hear your Dad has been ill, I will lift him and you all up in prayer.
((BIG HUGS))
Kate

Tamera said...

Any updates on your dad? Your family continues to be in our prayers.

Anonymous said...

I am praying for your father and also for you. The Lord will always be with you and your father.

In His love,
Ya

Anonymous said...

Ya!!!!! So good to "meet" you! Jared has mentioned that you were out there reading my blog, and that he was helping you with your English! I hope you don't get too confused reading it, as I don't get too fussy about my grammar on this blog! lol!