Thursday, June 19, 2008

Overwhelmed

Beautiful day out there. I hope I get to enjoy some of it. I have boxes you know. Actually, I need to get over to our "old place" and do some cleaning. I thought (I really did) think I had cleaned as I went, but seeing it after they got our stuff out was a wake-up call. The place looks like a tornado hit. Not sure how that could have been, but alas, 'tis true.

Aleksa woke up crying - sore throat, head ache. Groan. A part of me has wondered what on earth we've gotten ourselves into these last few weeks... I am literally spinning there is so much that needs my attention. I really wish John had a week of vacation right now. Between the boxes, the cleaning, the sick kids, the fussy infant, the cooking, the laundry, the weeding-of-the-gardens... well... uh, I'm a bit overwhelmed right now, and wondering how on earth people do this! Think I'll shut myself up in my pantry and scarf down a few of my anzac cookies...

Ok, maybe not. But it would sure be fun! ;o)

2 comments:

Joanna said...

One thing at a time, Shelly! You can't do everything at once. ;) I'm glad to hear you're moved in. Take care of those boxes in between bites of cookie, and play a little music as background (if you can find your music, LOL!). It'll all be done eventually! :)

Love,
Jo

Anonymous said...

Please be praying for Shelly and her family. Her dad is not doing well at all. I am sure she may post eventually, but she is here staying with her dad at the hospital for a few days. Please pray that he will not be in so much pain. Thanks.

John's Mom