Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Rope Swing!

Well, today was a dream-come-true kind of a day for John. (Feels funny to call him John - I always call him "Fisher.") (I don't know why. Just do.) (Maybe because my brother's name is John?) *shrug*

Anyway, back to the dreamin' and stuff.

Fisher put up a rope swing for the kids tonight! I'm glad I was inside when he did, because when I took a looksie outside to see it, I about fell over seeing how high he had to have climbed to get that thing up there! It's a humdinger, lemmetellyawhat.

He's been dreaming about a rope swing for his kids ever since we were married. It is so fun to have our dreams realized so fully and in so many directions... Great kids - and a bunch of 'em! Great house (have I mentioned the closets?) Great yard -and now we even have a rope swing. What more could we ever want? *bliss*

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now all you need is a goat! ;o) Sharon

Joanna said...

Growing up, my best friend had a rope swing in her yard. I went over there every day in the summer and we played All Day on it. Every Day. I had calloused hands and great arm muscles at the end of that summer...and a mind full of great memories! Your kids will probably LOVE theirs.

Tami said...

It doesn't get any better than a rope swing! :) Life is good.

Anonymous said...

I know how much John loved his rope swing growing up, and how high he could fly. What great fun you all will have together.

I hope that the joys that you are finding will help to fill some of the void that has come your way.

Love you so much,
Mom