Thursday, July 28, 2005

Birthday!


Table
Adam and Liana
Aleksa

It's my birthday today, and for the first time since about two years after I was married, I did not dread, feel depressed about, or hate the fact that I turned a year older. Feels sooooo good to not have to wake up and say, "Yet another birthday without kids." Don't know about the rest of you, but I was an enormous humbug about holidays, and especially birthdays. Last year on my birthday I was in Ukraine, and though the purpose of the trip was to get my kids, I still had not met them and they were not in my arms yet. I still rolled my eyes thinking, "Of course I have to wait for yet another birthday before I'll have my kids."

Just thought I'd share my happiness that finally the sunshine came out on my b-day! :O) (As well as some frosting as you can see!)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Shelly!
Am so very happy for you - what a special year it has been for you all. End of July to end of Aug is going to be very busy in your house with your birthday, the girls and the adoption anniversary! Wow - party at the Fishers!
Underwear and shoes are coming along great - I can't stop buying them. Should be ready to send early next week,
Happy Birthday
Holly

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Shelly!!

Mnohaya Lita!! (many happy years) and I'm sure you'll have them now with those wonderful kiddos!!

xxoo Lisa S.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday and Happy Gotcha Day Anniversary!!! We love reading your posts, thank you for continuing to share with all of us.

Have the best birthday ever!!

Brenda

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!! What a mess! Isn't motherhood grand??

Do you want me to send you the dates for this year's Ukraine Fest?

KAMMI in IL

Anonymous said...

Shelly,

Happy Birthday! (sorry a day late) This made my day! I love to hear happy-ending stories - and your story is still just beginning! Wow, one year home with the kids, time flies. Maybe one more year and we will be traveling (or at least knowing a definite timeline) for our daughter.

God Bless!

Kay B in San Antonio