Thursday, November 01, 2007

Stromboli recipe

I've had a few people email or ask me what stromboli was. Thought I'd just post the recipe.

Ingredients:

1 loaf of bread dough (you can use frozen, but I always just make a pizza crust dough in my bread machine. Then I don't have to thaw anything out!)

Ham or Turkey lunchmeat

Shredded Mozzarella and/or Cheddar/American (cheese slices work too)

Pizza Seasoning

Pepperoni

Any other pizza topping you want. We like black olives and mushrooms too.

Pizza sauce for dipping (served at the table)

Directions:

Roll out the dough into a big rectangle

Arrange lunchmeat and Pepperoni "single file" down the middle (lengthwise) (don't cover the whole crust, just the center third)

Put cheeses / toppings on top of that

Sprinkle generously with Pizza Seasonings

Take one side of the bread dough and fold it over the meat/stuff. Pinch it down. On top of that, put another layer of meat and cheeses and seasonings. Fold other side of dough over that. Pinch down well. Seal all edges. Butter the top of the stromboli, and sprinkle with more pizza seasonings (to make it pretty!) and maybe some parmesan cheese too. Make slanted cuts all up and down the stromboli (again, to make it pretty.)

Bake for 30 minutes on 350ยบ. Serve with pizza sauce for dipping, if desired.

Number Of Servings:3-4 adults

Preparation Time:about 15 minutes (not including time to make dough/thaw dough)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And oh, it is yummy!

Mom

Anonymous said...

When I make this for my family, there is never a scrap left over. THEY LOVE IT. I use the frozen bread dough and let it thaw in the refrigerator overnight before I use it. That works well. If you want a treat, this is WoNdEfUl stuff!! Sharon