Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Times are changin'

Woke up this morning totally thinking I must be in the wrong household.

I walked down the stairs to the kitchen where Liana was busily scrubbing away at the stove. She wasn't tired anymore, she said, so she decided to clean. *blink, blink, blink*

Next, I walked to the kids' rooms, where Aleksa was making her bed and straightening their room. Nobody to remind her, she just did it. *blink, blink, blink*

Then, I checked Adam's room to see him reading in bed, enjoying a book. He's the only one that didn't completely floor me, as he's been our bookworm lately.

My kids are growing up. How could that possibly be?!

The doctor told me this week that Little Fish (uff da, almost wrote in the name there and completely spilled the beans) is supposedly ready any minute.

Life is changing around here, for sure.

7 comments:

Marnie said...

Sounds like Mother's Day came early! Best wishes to you and the whole family as you take the next big step.

vodkamartini said...

Sounds great!!!

Can't wait to hear that you've had the baby. Will keep you in my prayers!!

Love,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

How wonderful for you! Hugs for the kids from us!! Please please tell John to keep us in blogland posted when you have the leetle bambino/bambina. We are all waiting on pins and needles! --Laurel

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to hear all about the baby. Sounds like the kids are trying to help mom. Great idea!

KRistin in NC

BT said...

I am hoping you can find some time (maybe not right way) to re-post the information about whom to contact to search for information from our kids' biological family. I know I saw this in your blog, but I can't remember where.

We adopted our two boys in Ukraine in March 2005. They were 3.5 and 5.25 years old at the time. Our experiences have been so similar to many of yours!

Congrats on Little Fish's imminent arrival. You are going to have so much fun.

Thank you for any information you can provide.

Betsy T in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Shelly said...

Hi Betsy!

We used Olga Kalambetova to do our birth family search. I HIGHLY recommend her. Many from my adoption group have and do use her, and I have never once heard a negative thing about her... She is top notch at what she does, and goes above and beyond any way she can. Good luck! Her email is: goldik72@ukr.net

~Shelly

Tami said...

Ooooohhh..how exciting! I can't wait for Little Fish to arrive! And give those big kids an extra hug today...that's awesome! ;)