Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!

Have to share our big doings around here today/this week...

I love, love, love Valentine's Day. So, it's a big deal over here. This morning John and I hid some treats under the kids' pillows, but the big doings are tonight.

We're setting up the livingroom like a restaurant!

This week we've designed and printed up "menus," (and even "the check" along with Andes mints). We've trained in the chef and waitresses, and have even rigged up some entertainment... The kids have been memorizing poems and jokes, and practiced a few Valentine readings. All of us are going to get all gussied up, Adam has his black "chef's apron" all pressed and ready to go along with a bright red bow-tie, and the girls have their dress-up clothes all laid out for tonight. We've been baking up goodies all week, and Liana is all trained in on how to make coffee (I didn't tell her I had no idea how to make it before two weeks ago...) (Waitresses, she said, must serve coffee...) Serving everything up on the good china.

I have to read you our menu:

Just-for-you Jello
Passionate Pudding
Sweetheart Salad
Sizzling Salsa Chicken
Racing-heart Rice
Valentine Veggies
Chase-you-down Cheesecake
Bow-and-Arrow Bread Pudding
Care-for-you Coffee
Mad-for-you Milk
Follow-you-to-the-Mountains Dew
Love-you-to-your-Roots Beer

Poor John - Last night he asked me what I wanted to do for Valentine's Day and I told him I just wanted to lay low at home. He seemed a little disappointed. Little does he know! :O)

Can't wait!!!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see some pictures of this!

Tami said...

Can't wait to hear what he thinks of his surprise!!! :)

Ruth said...

What a special day! Sounds like a very wonderful Valentine's Day to me!! :-)

Missy said...

As always, you are entirely too creative! Your kids must love the tradition of Valentines Day being so special! I know I would love it!!

Anonymous said...

Would have loved to have been a mouse in the corner. What great fun it must have been!!!

Love you all,
Mom