Saturday, March 19, 2005

Before/After & Fun Snow Day





We had such a fun day today!

Yesterday it snowed 12" here in the area. Adam shoveled us out, much to John's relief when he got home from work. It took the kid about 4 hours to get it all done. John looked into his wallet and pulled out all he had - a measly $7 and gave it to Adam, who promptly let out a "Yippee!" He was thrilled. Later, John said to me, "What a pitiful hourly wage!" I tried to ease his conscience by reminding him that most people take advantage of immigrant workers, so that was ok. ;o)

Anyway, this afternoon we went to Grandpa's house. He made us all some snow ice cream! He used to make it when I was little, so I was tickled that he made it for our kiddos. Great stuff. I took lots of video and pics of that. Fun!

Then we went for our weekly library run and after we got home, we all made a gigantic snowman in the yard. Actually, it was more John's project, but it was fun to watch him! ;O) As we played in the yard, I couldn't believe how much Adam has grown these last few months. That's when I asked John to take a picture of us. I knew I had a couple pics of Adam and I standing together in Ukraine, so I had to see the pics side by side to see the difference. It's just amazing to me that it is even POSSIBLE to grow that fast! Great reminder to seize the day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really love dropping by your site and reading about your wonderful children. They are so bright and have accomplished alot in a very short time. And goodness Adam has grown an incredible amount. How lucky these children are to have such a loving home. And how blessed you are to have them. They are adorable. Jo from the ttc adoption board