Monday, March 07, 2005

*Very* hot chocolate

Yesterday was certainly blog-worthy.

The kids were outside flying kites for a while (nice spring day here in WI), and when they came in, they asked if they could have some hot chocolate. (I kinda spoiled them on the h.c. this winter, can you tell?) No problem, I said. They've been making their own the last few times with just hot tap water, so I didn't even think twice.

Well, I happened to mosey on into the kitchen in time to see Adam hiding his mug. I made him fork it over and it had *maybe* two tablespoons of water on the bottom, and then was filled the rest of the way with the powdered chocolate. We had a little chit-chat about that, and while we were doing so, Liana made hers.

Liana's chocolate though, was much more exciting. She got down a crystal glass, filled it will powder (no water), and then put it in the microwave. Because my brain was engaged with talking to Adam, I didn't even hear the microwave at all. We had lots of excitement though, as the microwave smoked and sputtered and consequently stunk up the entire kitchen/HOUSE and cracked the crystal glass. Freaked Liana Out. Totally. She cried and cried as billows of smoke wafted out of the microwave. She even hid in the corner while I was surveying the scene. Poor girl thought we were going to have to buy a whole new house. Adam was just happy that he wasn't the one in trouble anymore. Liana didn't need any further scolding though. She knew she wasn't supposed to touch the microwave, and she isn't about to do it again. She said she doesn't even want to come near it anymore. (Fine with me!)

Still kinda smells like s'mores around here this morning...

No comments: