Thursday, January 12, 2006

Near Tragedy

On the way home from taking my dad to the doctor yesterday, a garbage truck that was just ahead of us in the other lane hit the top of his truck on the bottom of the overpass and blew the hydraulic fluid line. It instantly blew alllllllll over the highway, which included all over my windshield and windows. Couldn't see *anything* and I really had to fight for control for a few *long* seconds. There were no other cars on the road around us, or I know I would have hit them. I could hardly see where the side of the road was - Dad actually had to tell me where it was. The more I wiped the windows, the more I couldn't see. It was horrible. Especially since I had absolutely no idea what happened until after I finally pulled over and asked the garbage man what he did to me! lol! The poor guy had no cellphone and of course mine was home recharging on the dresser.... *grrrr* I got to call the cops and the guy's boss to fill them in. Firetrucks had to come and hose down the highway, and everything. Such excitement. It really could have been bad, but thankfully we had no ice, no traffic, and lots of guardian angels hanging around today.

I told Dad he needed to give me his Milky Way though, so if I got in another accident on the way home, at least I would die with a happy tummy. ;O)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

SOOOOOO glad you are OK and that your angels travel in packs! Blessings on y'all!!

--Laurel in Tulsa

Anonymous said...

Oh, Shelly! I'm so glad you guys are okay. Thank God for his protection! Were the kiddos freaked out?

~Lori in KY

Anonymous said...

Shelly!

So glad you're okay- and still managing to keep your sense of humor throughout!! xo Lisa S.