Thursday, January 05, 2006

PS OOPS, Forgot to say...

Ya know, when I was typing up the last post about the weekend, I knew I was forgetting something big, and I just now remembered what it was. Definitely blog-worthy too!

As we were packing the car to head to Grandma's, guess what we forgot? We sorta spaced out putting the kids' suitcase (the enormous duffle bag we brought with us to Ukraine!), into the car. So, when we got to Grandmas and it was time for jammies, we realized, OOPS, no clothes for the kids. Not a stitch. (Ya know, I wondered why we had so much room in our trunk! lol!) *GROAN* When we packed to come HOME from our trip over Thanksgiving, we left stuff THERE. Now we forgot things altogether. We're still rather green when it comes to packing for a family of five!

Sooo, Grandpa to the rescue! He gave us some $$ to go to GoodWill/Salvation Army/Walmart and pick up what we would need for the weekend. (Ain't he a sweetie?) We actually got some really nice stuff!

While we were at Good Will, I spyed a hot-pink formal dress with gazillions of sequins (how do you spell that, it doesn't look right!) I instantly thought of the girls - they're WAY into dress-up clothes right now. So, for just a few bucks, I bought a pure silk dress that is every little girl's DREAM. Bright, sparkly, pink, and completely hurt-your-teeth gaudy.

On the way home, I realized that the dress was actually my size. So, that got me thinkin'... Wouldn't it be funny to play a little joke on my poor hubby? Yup, I decided it would.

So, when we got back to Grandma's, I told John that I had found the *perfect* dress for the Valentine banquet at church, and I offered to try it on for him. Well, I did, and wouldn't ya know, he was very polite and whistled at me instead of wrinkling his nose and forbidding me to leave the house. The girls ooed and aahed over the pretty dress. Liana noticed though, that the back was a bit too "open" and she could see my "leefchick" strap. She was rather shocked at me and stood there holding it shut so nobody could see. (Leave it to Liana to say what she thinks!) ;O) So, I very seriously said to her, "Hmmm, well, maybe you're right Liana. Maybe I shouldn't wear this dress. What do you think?" She very gravely agreed with me. "So, maybe since I can't wear it, maybe you and your sister would have fun playing dress-up with it instead?"

Instant squeals of excitement! And John looked very visibly relieved. "You had me worried there for a minute," he said. (I'm so naughty! tee-hee!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hurt your teeth guady!!! hhaaaaahaaa- I love it.

Problem is, I think I wore that dress as maid of honor in my best friend's wedding about 12 years ago. :)

Sounds like you had a GREAT weekend! xo Lisa s.

Anonymous said...

Lisa, I think I did too! Though the one I wore had fuscia satin on top, and fuscia metallic material for the skirt. That was in 1991. The bride actually said that the point was to make us bridesmaids look like Barbie dolls! (I sure hope she isn't reading this! lol!)

Shelly