Friday, January 06, 2006

Srozhdestvom Kristovym

Ya know what? It's Ukrainian Christmas Eve today! I didn't go too crazy with all the cooking for it (as Kendra pointed out on her blog, Ukrainian food is back-breaking food to make!) I found a few simple recipes, and just talked it up.

I was feeling bad about not having ordered anything from Yevshan for the kids for Ukie Christmas. (Yevshan is an *awesome* Ukrainian gift store. Do a Google search and you'll find it.) I drool over this catalog! Anyway, I'd love to pick out something from it for the kids each year, but well, you know, things just happen, and life doesn't always turn out the way we want!

Well, this afternoon the mailman brought a package from one of my blog buddies full of Ukie stuff! I just couldn't believe it! The girls each got beautiful dolls dressed in the traditional folk dresses, and Adam got a carved wooden plate with the Ukrainian crest on it (is it called a tryzub?) Anyway, all three kids L-O-V-E-D them, and it really was the icing on the cake today. Adam's plate is proudly hung on the wall, and the girls' dollies have been cuddled, spun and danced with all the rest of the day.

But! The very best thing was for me. Inside this package was a bag of sunflower seeds straight from Ukraine!!! I'm *SOOOOO* excited! Ever since our trip, I regretted not buying some sunflower seeds, and this sweetheart of a lady picked some up for me on her own trip to Ukraine! How awesome is THAT?

Anyway, it was really neat that the package came right in time for Ukrainian Christmas. I loved, loved, loved it!

Srozhdestvom Kristovym everyone!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now that's what I call a GOD thing!

Tamera from ttc site

Anonymous said...

Neat site. I went to the order form and was going to call my order in and noticed it seemed out-dated. Do you order on-line or otherwise? Just curious.

Anonymous said...

Order form? You must be talking about the Charming Prints stuff? Actually, I don't do that anymore, and sadly, I haven't even taken pics of my own dc yet. Otherwise, I have no idea what you're referring to.

Anonymous said...

Charming Prints? Now I'm confused! LOL (but then that's not hard for me) I went to Yevshan.com and on the left side of screen under customer service was print an order form. I'm thinking you must just order online? THANKS

Shelly said...

Aaah, that makes much more sense! I've never ordered online - I have a good old-fashioned catalog that I like to haul out and drool over. So, sorry, can't help you there! (Charming Prints are pictures that I used to tint for people while we were raising $$ for our adoption).