Thursday, October 12, 2006

Aleksa's Map

We've been learning about the Vikings in school (as in Scandinavians, not football). We've been reading Viking stories, learning about how they went raiding, how they lived, what they ate, beliefs, etc.

The other day I had them each color a map of the Scandinavian countries, and even had Leksa do it. She loves maps. (After my own heart, I'm tellin' ya!) After she colored in the countries we were talking about, she asked if she could label some of the other countries she knew. Like I was going to discourage that! The results were too adorable not to share...



If you can't quite read it, click on the map to enlarge it, but the labels say: Frans, Jrmne (with a backwards J; oops!), Itle, Gres, Polind, Ukran, Iyrlnd. That's France, Germany, Italy, Greece, Poland, Ukraine and Ireland. Don't think I coulda done so well at the tender age of 6!

Had to share my proud Mama moment. :O)

3 comments:

Calico Sky said...

Oh Shelly!!!!!!
She is too adorable for words. That map is very Montessori. I had an extra big smile when I saw she knew where England was ;-)

Anonymous said...

Ya know, I was thinking she had written "Ireland," but after looking at it, it just very well might be England, and you could have deciphered it better than I did! She knows them both countries if I let her point them out on a map, so I'll have to ask her later what it says for sure. (I have to be careful though... she might get offended that I can't quite read her writing!) ;O) Either way, though, she definitely does know where England is, I promise!

Missy said...

She sure is a smart cookie! Great story, Shelly! You must be quite the teacher for her to be so knowledgable about those countries!