Monday, October 23, 2006

Mama talks to her mirror...

The kids and I love to tease and joke and play tricks on each other. There's constantly a mischievous glimmer in someone's eye around here.

Liana has been on a kick lately where she'll notice I'm on the way to our bathroom and she'll RUN ahead of me and slam the bathroom door and lock it and then take her sweet time in there if you know what I mean. I wind up having to go down to the kids' bathroom if she does beat me, but otherwise we wind up with a tackle, some squealing, some screaming, lots of laughing, and some MAJOR tickling to get her Out of my way. She thinks this is just the most hilarious joke... The other day there was almost an accident in the hallway because of this little stunt. She laughed so hard she almost had one herself! ;O)

The other night amid our usual volley of teases, I started doing my wicked witch impersonation for the kids. (That usually freaks Leksa out. I have a *really* good Witch of the West impression... You know the whole "I'll get you, My Pretty!" routine.)

Adam got me good though... He announced, "Mama talks to her mirror!" Evidently he likened me to Snow White's stepmother... lol! I thought it was pretty clever; kind of along the same line as "Your mama dresses you funny!" It took several minutes for my stomach to quit hurting from laughing so hard...

2 comments:

Calico Sky said...

You'd better add a chapter on 'how to have a humour filled household and kids with a good sense of humour' in that parenting book you are writin for me! ;-)

Jodi said...

Hi Shelly, remember me? It's been a few years. We've got three kids now, too, and I have a blog:

cartoonliving.typepad.com

The blog in my Blogger profile is old, but it will still get you there.

Last night I was going through my bookmarks, cleaning out old links, and found your website in there. Hooray for blogs, huh? I'm so glad to hear you've got your children home. Sounds like you have a fun household.

I've bookmarked your blog, so I'll be hanging around.