Saturday, June 09, 2007

Adam Videos

Adam, Adam, Adam. This guy has had the toughest time with English. He's still a work in progress, actually. Language has always been hard for him - even in his native language, he struggled. He's come a long way, however, and I'm super proud of the hard work he's done to get this far. Adam crashes when I video him reading nowadays, so while I do have some, I don't think they're really a good judge of his ability. I'll post some "just talkin'" clips instead.

November, 2004; Adam is "reading" Dr. Seuss' "ABC" Very tough for him...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2949442193072297753


March 24, 2005; Adam is retelling the story of "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory." He's just newly 10 years old, and home from Ukraine 7 months.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-378670622141624474


Can't post Adam videos without reposting Adam remembering our "Metcha Day." I still get teary watching this one. And yes, Aleksa DID bite her brother when he tried to pick her up, and he does have scars on his shoulder to prove that she did so at least a few different times...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-876976978358705861

I still need to take a video of him this weekend, and when I do, I'll edit this post with another addition.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting these here. I had to watch them all over again, even though I had seen the older ones before. So precious they are. It is amazing to see the difference that there is in the almost 3 years home now. You guys have done an amazing job with the kids! So much fun to watch them grow and learn. Just wish they didn't have to grow up so fast!!!

Love you,
Mom

Robb said...

John and Shelly,

Hi, we spoke to you quite some time ago. We adopted our daughter from Belgorod in February 2003. Well we leave on Monday to adopted another girl. Not sure where we will end up yet, but should know next Thursday. I'm going to try to keep up the posting on our site as time permits.


Robb and Jill