Saturday, June 02, 2007

Fun Day?


And so today we had a wonderful picnic/get-together time with another Ukie family in the area... It was a beautiful day, and we had a great time.

Well, check that. It was a beautiful day until we were Just about to leave. Then it dropped a thunderstorm on our heads and completely drenched and froze us all. Unfortunately we had wound up parked about as far away from the zoo as we could possibly be, and therefore had a nice 15 minute walk, er, run through the torrents (yes, torrents) of rain.

John led the parade, and several times I had no idea where he was because he was so far ahead, and I couldn't remember where we were parked. Talk about a panic!

Leksa was crying. Liana shivering. Adam loving every adventuresome minute.

Me? Well, I am now sitting with my foot propped up with ice. I twisted my ankle *twice* in the process of the mad rush to the car.

But we had a good time, and I'm quite sure not a one of us will ever forget this day. If and when our camera dries out, perhaps I'll post a picture or two. But I've been wanting a new camera anyway, right?

Now we're getting ready to go to some friends' house for supper.

We plan to bring an umbrella.

3 comments:

Missy said...

Sounds like fun! I mean, other than the rain and the twisted ankle and the upset kiddos...Well, maybe it wasn't that fun! Just kidding..I LOVE reading about your family and the adventures you find!

Anonymous said...

Oh, sorry about your ankle, Shelly. Glad that you were able to go out and about again though. I am glad that you had a good day for the most part. I can almost see you and the three kiddos making your way through the rain, each with their own reactions!

Missing you all!
Mom

Anonymous said...

Oh, love the picture too!
Glad your camera dried out.

Mom