Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Awol!

Been awol for a while... sorry about that. I've been up to my eyeballs in school, and then trying to get the house "baby-ized" which means I'm having to rip apart the whole house. Well, at least it appears that way! Our loft area upstairs has been the kids' computer area, plus we have a gazillion books and games up there. It now needs to be the spot for a midnight feeding, so I'm trying to make it a cozy spot for a rocking chair (or whatever), and a bassinet or baby swing. The crib and dresser (which is still-to-be-got) is going to be in our room. That means, everything up there in the loft and in our room has been distributed throughout the house. But in order to put say the games downstairs, the kids' closets needed to be overhauled, which meant we had to pull everything they owned out, sort it, make piles of outgrown clothes (nearly everything!), etc. And for some reason, the overflow winds up in the livingroom. (Ever noticed that whenever your house is like that, the next door neighbor decides to visit? lol!)

So.

While trying to manage all this, I'm also trying to keep up the laundry, cooking, etc., with a basketball attached to the front of me. The dusting and floor-scrubbing is just plain not going to be done for another week or two, I'm certain. Yes, you can write your name on the mantle with your finger. No idea how this is all going to straighten out in the eight short weeks I have left before Little Fish arrives on the scene! And the baby stuff keeps pouring in! I had a baby shower this last weekend, and there is another coming up soon... Been having fun, don't get me wrong, but uff, pressure, pressure! Eight weeks! Yikes!

Hence, my absence from Blog Land! :O)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cast your cares on the Lord, Shelly, and HE will sustain you! That's the whole idea... you CAN'T do it by yourself and that's why we have a big Papa God to pick up the slack when we think we can't make it. Who cares about dust anyway... and folded laundry is highly overrated! How fun for you to have the pre-baby flutter of organizing. Rest up and enjoy your moments with each of your kiddos; such treasures they are and what wonderful skills they are learning from you! Blessings on your three plus the "basktball" LOL! Love, Laurel in Tulsa

Anonymous said...

I meant FLURRY not flutter.

Missy said...

I would love to see that basketball belly! :) I'm sure you are just adorable. I am sorry you have had so much pressure. Can you say nesting??

Anonymous said...

Uff da, I don't mean to sound like I'm complaining! I'm SOOOOOO happy to be doing this, it is just kinda frustrating that I have so much to do in so little time with so little energy and with such a load to haul around with me while I do it! The "old me" (as in the one I was in January before Little Fish came into being,) could have had this project done in no time flat, so that's been a little frustrating to this "I-want-this-project-done-now" kind of a gal.

The kids have been very helpful, but there's only so much a mama can ask her kid to do before the kids start feeling slave-like instead of kid-like! Today I had them taking turns on the paper-shredder for me. That saved me a good long time and they loved it. John has been very helpful in moving the furniture when I ask him to, so that has been nice too.

Anonymous said...

I am sure getting excited for you!!!!
Make sure you put your feet up! :)
Kate

Anonymous said...

Shelly, I was wondering where all those baby things were going. It sure must look like someone new is coming to live at your house. :^) I can hardly wait. I know that you are truly enjoying each moment of it.

And, yes, Shelly does look very cute pregnant! She is carrying this precious little bundle very much like a nice round basketball. I am very proud of you, Shelly. You are doing a marvelous job of doing all that you are doing while preparing and anticipating Little Fish. I glad that Adam, Liana, and Aleksa, and of course, John are all pitching in and helping Mama.

Please give the kids a hug for me, and Little Fish a tummy rub with love from Grandma to all of them.

Love you all,
Mom

Tami said...

I think it's called 'nesting'! :) Be sure to take care of yourself and little fish!

adoptedthree said...

Shelley
I lost your link and glad I re-found it!

Only eight weeks left how crazy exciting is that!!