Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Broiled Tilapia Parmesan

And so you know I'm on a new diet. Well, not the lose weight kind (better not be anyway!) Been scouring the 'net looking for low-carb recipes and HAVE to share this one...

I have to confess, I'm not much of a fish-eater. I know it is super good for me and all that, but well, it tastes fishy.

I'm desperate to eat right these days, however, so last night I tried a recipe off of AllRecipes.com (don't you LOVE that site?) and I have to say, this was some kind of fish! John said it was as good as anything from Red Lobster. Whoa. And to think it only took a few minutes to throw together! Really!

And don't just take MY word for it, this recipe got 5 stars from over 2,000 reviewers. (That's the only reason I had the nerve to try it in the first place...) Really. Ya gotta try it. http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Broiled-Tilapia-Parmesan/Detail.aspx

Ok, enough advertising.

Anyone have any good low-carb/low sugar snack ideas? Sick of carrot sticks...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shelly, Grandpa and Dad have been able to eat 1/4 cup of nuts a day as a good snack. Nutritionist recommended them to Dad.

Love you,
Mom

Calico Sky said...

Plain yogurt, strawberries, cherry tomatoes, celery with low fat organic peanut butter, grilled zuccini!

Anonymous said...

Holy Tilapia, Shelly, that is GOOD fish! Tried your recipe today, used lime juice instead of lemon; baked at 400 instead of broiled; and yum yum yum!!! Thanks for the recipe! --Laurel in Tulsa

Anonymous said...

Glad you enjoyed it, Laurel! It's definitely going to be a regular around here! Yum, yum, yum!

Anonymous said...

Shelly, I looked at your blog for the first time in years. What a treasure those kids have in your postings about their lives! It'll be a constant reminder for them when they grow up of just how much you and J love them. You are the perfect mother for all of your children. You've also inspired me to do some menu making before I hit the grocery store! (I get to stay home once the baby arrives, and am hoping to become more housewifey) Keep up the postings- I'm bookmarking your blog:)