Thursday, September 27, 2007

Dessert!

Ya know what?

There are some really neat people in the world.

Wanna hear about one of 'em?

There's a lady at church whose hubby is diabetic. She's been emailing me recipes links here and there for the last few weeks, but wanna know what she did for me THIS week?

She went through her recipes, and made me FOUR different diabetic desserts. Of course, she kept some for her hubby, but because of the samples, I KNOW which recipes I want to try. I got a heaping plate full of apple spice cake, double-chocolate brownies, granola bars, and oatmeal-apricot bars. Plus their recipes of course. And all of them are LEGAL for me! YAY!!!! (Well, they're prob'ly not legal if I eat the whole plateful at once, but you know what I mean!!)

I have discovered though, that when eating the brownies, that you shouldn't try to sneak them up to the bathroom so the kids don't see you eating them - you should definitely put them on a saucer and eat it with a fork at the table. I got too many crumbles on the bathroom floor, and not only could I not eat 'em up after they fell, but I wound up on my hands and knees trying to pick up the evidence!. If I had been eating at the table, I could have eaten every crumb just fine and no acrobatics by a basketball-belly-lady. (I'm sure I was quite a sight!) LOL!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can u ship some over here?! lol ;)
Kate

Tami said...

Okay...that sounds too good, especially the brownie part minus the bathroom experience. Please share that recipe! :)

Anonymous said...

Shelly, did you know that desserts spelled backwards is "stressed"??
;o) Sharon