Monday, September 10, 2007

Feelin' Good!

I am amazed at how different I have felt in the last few days since watching my sugar/carbs... I feel like a million bucks! I haven't been dragging in the afternoons and "NEEDING" my nap, and I haven't needed to get up to use the bathroom 3+ times a night anymore! Just once! Usually on Sundays after dinner I have to catch a two hour nap or feel like garbage, and yesterday I didn't even need one! I still layed down for a bit, but I got antsy and got up. Unheard of for me, truly.

My biggest challenge is going to be coming up with snack ideas that are legal, but hopefully the dietician I talk to on Wednesday will have some good ideas for me.

Been thinking of the finger-poking thing... I'm thinking I'll include all three kiddos in the endeavor (since I have to poke myself four times a day!), and make it into a science project this fall. They can help me track my blood sugar levels and see how food affects them, and which kinds, etc. Great opportunity to learn about the food groups, and what carbs are, etc. (Plus, I have a feeling Liana's microscope will get some extra use - she loves looking at blood and gunk under that thing...) lol!

4 comments:

Tami said...

I am amazed! You found a homeschool science project in your medical condition! ;)

Anonymous said...

Shelly, you just made me chuckle with your "science experiments" coming. I too am so sorry about you getting gestational diabetes, but I am also thrilled that you are handling it so well, and now making it into a science project. Little Fish is one blessed baby to be coming into such a wonderful family. Baby will be well loved and cared for by all five of you. I can hardly wait to hold Baby in my arms and praise God for him/her. I am so thrilled for each moment that you have had so far, and for the many more coming your way (our way, too)!
Love you all,
Mom

Anonymous said...

LOL, Well, Tami, sometimes it's best to make some lemonade instead of get down about having so many lemons! Haven't told the kids about all this yet - still thinking things through a bit more. But I think it would be a really good "learning opportunity!" (Yup, always the homeschool mama!) ;o)

Calico Sky said...

So great you are feeling good. So many kids are "high" on sugar and high GI foods and the parents don't even realize.
The diabetic diet aka low GI diet, makes me feel great always makes my PCOS better. I only wish I stuck to it every day! I am so glad you feel better!!