Tuesday, August 31, 2004

What I wish I knew how to say in Russian...

I was just thinking today of some of the phrases on my "Russian for adoptive parents" tape and thought of a few phrases that would have really come in handy at our house recently....

"Silly Putty is not bubble-gum; neither is it a hair accessory for your sister."

"Why do you need to use half the bottle of shampoo at shower-time?" (This one is for our 9-yr-old who bathes solo).

"You must change your underwear EVERY day! No, I do not want to smell them to make sure."

"Who keeps putting their used toilet paper in the waste-paper-basket instead of flushing it?"

"Magic marker goes on PAPER, not on couches."

and last but not least...

"Why did you pee in your sister's sippy-cup and try to get her to drink it!!??"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is just too funny. I shared it with a few co-workers and we all got a good laugh, but then thought wow your days must be awfully busy. We continue to keep all of you in our thoughts and prayers. Someone mention some software called Rosetta Stone. It is suppposed to be a good tool for language learning. I found it on the net. Take care and keep up the postings, I look forward to them everyday. Janet & Mark

Anonymous said...

LOL! Sounds like you just have typical kids to me Shelly!

Still praying for you all!

Fausta

Anonymous said...

Sounds like the fun never stops at the Fischer house!! Your blog today gave me quite a chuckle... such 'precious' memories.... Jo from the ttc boards

Anonymous said...

Thanks for blogging regularly despite your packed daily schedule. I get a kick out of them. You're SUPERwoman in my book for all that you are handling (and well I might add). Some initiation, huh? April Elder