Thursday, December 22, 2005

Christmas Exhaustion Sinking in! ;O)

Uff, I'm tired. Today we spent the morning doing my dad's monthly grocery shopping, and then headed back to his house for Cooking Day. That's what we call it when we spend the morning/afternoon cooking up his meals for the next month - six weeks. He has oodles of Ziploc sturdy plastic plates with covers that we bought a few years ago on clearance (Ziploc, when are you going to start making those again!?) Anyway, we fill up those plates with meals for his freezer. We made 64 meals today. That's enough for 8 weeks this time. I'm pooped. (That's NOT 64 *different* meals, that's 64 PLATES/bowls of meals, btw.) We made meals with goulash, chicken, fish, ring bologna, baked potatoes, corn bread, muffins, veggies, beans, and then we made a big pot of chili and froze a bunch of individual rubbermaid containers full.

Then I came home and scrounged up some last-minute recipes for our Christmas dinner... I've procrastinated on that way too long, and I'm starting to panic! Saturday we'll be going to my dad's house. We're having a couple from our church over on Sunday. I'm really looking forward to our weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas, Shelly! I LOVE reading your blog- you continue to inspire and motivate me as I wait for my child. Blessings... Jo from the ttc adoption board