Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Tea Party with Auntie Sharon and Papa's Birthday!

It was John's birthday today! He's a whopping 32 years old! (Such a baby... I'm a year and a half older!)

The kids and I made a stop at the good ole Dollar Store for some cheapo gifts from them, and then we went to a "real" store for some a little more substantial gifts from me. The kids got him a pair of socks, a serving spoon, two mylar balloons, shaving cream and a Batman toothbrush. I got him a dvd he's been wanting, plus a watch. Actually, it was a package with two watches in it. One dressy, one casual. He hasn't had a watch for years.

Liana made The Cake with her Easy Bake oven. She loves that oven sooooooo much. I had been planning on making a big cake too, but Liana felt a little slighted, and so after talking to John about it, we decided just to eat up the leftover cake we had from Christmas. (Only one person can eat a tiny Easy Bake cake, and the rest of us needed some to eat too you know!) :O)

Auntie Sharon came this afternoon too. It was soooo much fun for the kids to show off their Christmas dresses from Grandma, plus some of their other toys. And, we even had tea. Leksa Lou put on her most polite manners and hostessed a very proper tea party. I can't even remotely put into words how funny it is to listen to her little accent as she tries so hard to be so prissy. She loves to pour tea, so she'll gulp hers down in two swallows so she can dump the tea, sugar and cream into her cup again. And she *Loves* to act all dignified and lady-like.

The funniest part of Auntie Sharon's visit, though, was when she was admiring the Christmas tree. You know, the tree "the kids decorated." ;O) Well, when she told us how beautiful the tree was, all three kids said, "Thank you!" to her at once. Liana proceeded to tell her that the back was bare (which it isn't now that I've redecorated it), but when Liana looked, she didn't even notice. (Liana had overheard me laugh about the back of the tree being empty). What came out of her mouth was, "Mama, can I have a candy cane?" Sharon later asked me if that was all rehearsed. Nope. I just know my kidlets! lol! They still haven't noticed that I redid the tree. For real.

John Loved all his thoughtful gifts, and his cake of course! *cough-cough* It was so cute to listen to the squeals of excitement as the kids wished him a Happy Birthday and sang to him. (We have three *very* off-key singers at our house. Well, four if you count me! lol!) Very nice day!

We're headed to John's grandparent's house in the morning. It's a good 6 hour car ride, and we plan to stay through the weekend.

No comments: