Sunday, May 14, 2006

Happy Mother's Day to Me!

Happy Mother's Day! It was a freezing day, so nobody would cooperate with smiles, so we opted for Plan B photo ops... I kinda like 'em, though, our yard/view make for great back drops for anything!

This morning the kids presented me with their gifts... Liana got me a yellow rose, Adam got me a keychain, and Aleksa got me a duck statue.
Papa came through with some red roses... (What a lucky Mama I am!) It was fun getting ready for church this morning... The kids were all scrambling to get their last minute pictures drawn for me and kept shouting in, "Don't come out yet, Mama!" Such sweetie pies I have! After church we tried to go out for dinner, but everywhere was packed, so I suggested Dairy Queen. It was fun, and the kids couldn't have been happier with thier icecream treats! (And Papa and I didn't mind them either!) lol!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I absolutely LOVE the pics! I will have to steal that idea! Happy Mother's Day
TameraRae from ttc

Anonymous said...

Hi Shelly and Family,

I am glad I have kept your blog in my address book especially now that you have moved away.

Seth certainly misses the kids! I told him I could e-mail his hello to them and he was really excited that I could do that for him. Please tell them hello from Seth! He also reminded me that they would be back this Sunday!

I hope you are getting all unpacked and moved in!

Do you have a new e-mail address or is it the same as before?

See you Sunday,
Sherri

Anonymous said...

I love this picture!!! I hope you get it blown up and framed to display at your home and Johns desk at work. The scenery is beautiful.

Please continue to post, we all so enjoy reading them.

Brenda

Anonymous said...

Happy Happy Mother's Day Shelly!
What a beautiful place to call home!
Holly

Anonymous said...

Shelly! Ok this might come as old news to everyone but me. I was searching on the net just good old yahoo search and I was actually searching under Columbian adoption so the fact that I got to this list of the top 10 adoption blogs was a shock. Then I scrolled down to the bottom and guess who is on there??? Shelly's Blog. I thought could it be? Yes it went on to say that her and her husband adopted 3 from Ukraine. Here is the link just in case you hadn't seen this before.
http://adoption.about.com/od/newsandreference/tp/adoptblogs.htm

I just love that this was on there. It just goes to show how you are touching people! Yay for you guys!

Ranee

Anonymous said...

Ya know, I did just hear that... Someone left a comment and told me that not too long ago, and it was all news to me; I hadn't heard it otherwise. I sure thought it was neat though... My babies are famous! (I wonder how thrilled they'll be about that when they grow up and hear I told the free world when they went potty at the park and stuff...) ;O)

Anonymous said...

haha. well they said Shelly's blog is very informative and they mentioned your packing list. I loved it! Made me feel like I've been chatting with a famous person:)
Ranee

Anonymous said...

LOL, Ranee! If you thought it was neat, you should be ME! I sure laughed at that bit of news! Plain Jane Shelly Fisher is famous? LOL!! Where's my book deal?

(I also want to squeeze in a "Hello!" to Sherri and family! I'll see you this weekend! The kids are SO excited to see their old friends... and John and I are too!)