Saturday, September 16, 2006

Pic from July


I don't think I posted this. Getting really lazy on this blog thing... Sorry! Anyway, this is our crew on Metcha Day, July 29th, at a Ukrainian deli.

Tomorrow marks Month 25. I've been debating whether or not to continue doing "Month Home" updates... It seems like "Year 2" was such a nice round number, that saying "25 Months Home" or higher seems odd. I'd feel a little self-conscious posting something like "62 Months Home." Still, there do seem to be changes even this far into the game, so I'm really torn. Those of you still checking in after all these months though, are probably the ones that might be interested, so I dunno. The "Month" updates have been good times for me to organize my thoughts about the progress of each kid, and get to keep myself "on top" of their accomplishments, strengths, weaknesses, etc. I guess I have another day to think about it!

6 comments:

Missy said...

Shelly,
I just wanted to let you know that I totally enjoy hearing your monthly updates. Your kids are so amazing and hearing about it is so encouraging to future adoptive parents like me! Thank you!!!
Missy

Anonymous said...

Maybe it sounds better if you put
2 years 1 month home
ya that sounds good!!
I am not ready to say goodbye to the monthly updates! lol but do what you have to do. Your other choice would be 3 monthly updates - but boy its gonna take me a while to get my head around that one! lol
Love the pic!
Kathryn

Anonymous said...

I have been reading your posts since the beginnig and LOVE them. I definately would like to see the monthly updates continue! My favorite being "Leana loves sean"!

sorry if I spelled her name wrong here!
Tamera from ttc site

Anonymous said...

Shelly,

PLEASE keep posting those updates- no matter how you title them.

I NEED my Fisher Family Fix- if you pull the plug, it will be worse than my favorite TV show going off the air.

Seriously, you have been such an inspiration (and comfort) to me during these long months (year plus!)waiting I could never, ever express what this connection to you and your family has brought me.I remember stumbling across this site when you had just come home from Ukraine- you are the one who made me think three kids is a real possibilty. To someone who can't have kids biologically, that's like thinking winning the lottery is within reach :)Whenever I have been down or depressed, I look at your beautiful family and my hope and strength are renewed once again. I've lost count of how many times I've had to do that! I certainly know that things will not be easy, or happy all of the time, I certainly don't expect them to be- but checking in with you is like visiting with a dear and wonderful friend who never fails to offer encouragement and something to smile (and sometimes REALLY think) about!

Please, keep up the posting- but do it only when and how it works best for YOU.

I only wish you could see how many lives you've touched through this blog- or how profoundly you've influenced some of them!!

Love ya!
Lisa S.

Anonymous said...

Ditto to what LISA said. I couldn't have put it better!!!
Truly inspirational...I found your site just BEFORE I was diagnosed with a terrible infertility problem. It was a gut wrenching time, but I truly believe God made me stumble across your site (I always had a heart for adoption) so that when that terrible day came I knew there was another way to create a family.
Kathryn

Anonymous said...

Shelly,

I love reading about my Great nieces and nephew. (of course you and John too). If you can, keep them coming. Aunt Janet