Saturday, September 09, 2006

Stocking Up

Went to the grocery store for five things... Saw a few "sale" signs, and wound up with several cases of diced tomates and canned veggies, mushrooms, kidney beans, etc. The shopping cart was rather hard to push by the time we left...

After we got home, and I had to rearrange the entry closet to hold all the excess canned goods and invent myself a pantry. Got to thinking about my dad... He's a stocker-upper Big Time. If he sees one thing he likes, he has to have at least five of them. I sighed and said to Liana, "Liana, Mama is getting to be more like Grandpa all the time."

She sighed right back and said, "I know."

I wondered if she understood why I said that. I didn't know if she was aware of how much Pa likes to stock up... So, I asked her why she thought I was getting to be more like him.

She sadly shrugged and said, "You're getting old."

I guess I did find another grey hair today... *sigh*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She's a hoot, Shelly! And you don't have any gray hair... you just have natural highlights!! Currently my pantry is full of canned pumpkin, so I know the feeling...I must be getting old too! -- Laurel in Tulsa

Anonymous said...

HAAAHHAAAHHAA!!!!!

Nothing like having a daughter (or in your case, TWO) to point out your imperfections.

Fact is- she loves ya just the same, even at your "advanced age"

AND, take heart, I'm still older than you :) :) xo Lisa