Monday, August 11, 2008

Birthday Busyness

We had such a fun weekend!!!

Saturday we had a little party for both girls (Sunday was Aleksa's birthday). Auntie Sharon and Uncle Lyle drove three hours to come see us. They hadn't seen our new house yet, but of course the main attraction was the kiddos. (It was rather gratifying to be able to show off my hard work of getting the house unpacked, and getting some painting done this summer).

The kids did a pinata in the back yard and we ate our cake and unwrapped presents back there too. Auntie Sharon came through for all FOUR of the kids! Bike lights for Adam (he's been asking me to get him some), hair duds and a toy for Abrielle, a watch for Aleksa (she kissed it she was so excited!), and new earrings for Liana. Very happy kids...

John and I got the girls some "horse stuff" - stuffed animals, wallpaper border (I'm going to paint their rooms after VBS and canning season). Also got them matching comforters for their beds. Pink, of course. ;o)

Speaking of VBS, it started last night. John and I are really involved in it this year. Things seemed to go well last night. Of course, after I was done teaching my two classes, I got to go play in the nursery with the littles while John and Everyone Else got to go corral crazy kiddos, so I was a happy girl. :o) Just kidding, the kids were all wonderful, but I do love playin' with those babies!

Leks turned eight yesterday... *sniff, sniff* She woke up SOOO happy! She said, "Mama, I'm eight! I get to get rid of my booster seat!" She's thrilled to not be a "little" girl anymore. I even had to go out to the van and look at what she looked like without the extra seat... lol!

Fun week, but crazy busy with all the doings. Trying to enjoy each day, but I admit, I'll be relieved when things calm down a bit!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shelly, Lyle and I enjoyed the day as much or probably more than you did. I have been wanting to see your new home since before you even moved in! Let me tell you, world, it is NICE. Those little ones at the Fisher house (yes, they are little, even if they are getting big!) have a wonderful life, let me tell you. The house is beautiful, and their back yard is PARADISE for kids! It has a huge play house, a sand box that you can dig straight to the middle of the world from, a great swing set, fire pit, a basketball court, flowers, trees, shade, on and on, plus it is fenced in to boot! It is NICE.

I have been doing some painting myself at my home this summer, but it looks very tired compared to what Shelly has been doing at her new house. Abby's room is AdOrAbLe!! The big girls room is beautiful the way it is...I think I would keep it As Is! But, Shelly wants to make it their own, so horses there shall be! Adam has a total bachelor pad in his room and has it "made" if you know what I mean.

Anyway, it was a fun, fun day. Shelly forgot to mention that we had HUGE tacos and bean dip and all kinds of goodies. How on earth she has the time for all the stuff she does????? And, Abby!! My goodNESS!! She crawls!! She was sooooo cute! She started a new trick just for us on Saturday: She shudders!! FUN!! She didn't know if she liked the sound of a puppet that I gave them (it was dad's) and she just was goofy! We also brought our little dog, a Japanese Chin named Bandit, along and Abby was so excited she was shuddering for him, too. It was a riot!

I sure wish we could do that every week. I wonder if Shelly would be up to making pinatas and party goodies next weekend???? ;o)

Auntie Sharon

Shelly said...

Hey, if you're willing to come, you come on up! I don't see you nearly often enough anymore, so please come on up any ole time at all. Thanks for the nice comment on the house/yard/etc.... that was really sweet.. (((hugs)))

~Shelly

mistyeyed said...

We're considering going through myadoptionforms to get our adoption forms. I've enjoyed reading about your experiences. It will prepare us beforehand.