Friday, August 10, 2007

Birthday week update!



Leksa's birthday today. *sniff, sniff* How can my baby be SEVEN????? She has officially spent half of her life with us now. Wow. And my Liana is NINE? Uff da. She's going to be married off before I can blink.

I've been so busy this week. I'm exhausted. I mentioned VBS in an earlier post... We've actually been directing it... Lots more things to think about than I had imagined. Hopefully if we ever do this again, (read: If we're ever asked!), we can do so a lot more smoothly. Very stressful. I was also teaching the little ones, and John was the MC/song leader. Last night was the big "bash" night where the kids could spend the "VBS Bucks" they earned all week by saying verses, attending, bringing visitors, etc. We had a family give $400 toward "Cool Prizes" so, whoa, were there prizes! Liana wound up with a doctor kit, Adam got a cool flashlight that has a compass, radio, alarm, etc. on it. (And best of all, it doesn't need batteries; you crank it up to charge it up!) Leksa got a new Bible and bible cover. And on top of all the prizes, there was a Ton of Candy. We had carnival games, and pony rides. I asked Leksa how many times she rode the ponies, and she giggled and said she had no idea, she had ridden them so many times! I don't think she played even one carnival game - she was too busy over by the ponies. I had a feeling that would happen! ;O)

For the girls' birthdays, we woke them up early so John could see them open one of their presents (the rest will wait for their party on Saturday.) Liana got a watch she's been hoping for, and Leksa got a toy horse and carriage. Two very happy girlies.

You should see Adam with his flashlight though. Talk about giddy! He hasn't put the thing down since he "bought" it last night! (It's only 7:38am right now, but they've all three been up a while already)... "Mama, this is East! Did you know this is East!" "You want the baby to hear my music?" "Watch me crank it up, Mama! Can you believe it, Mama? No batteries!!" "This is so cool!" Looks like the prize buyer - (John!) did good! ;O) (He said he "might have" had Adam in mind for that one...)

I'm ready for a vacation. But! That's not to be for a few more days. Lots more excitement ahead of us this weekend with the girls' party and all our company. Tomorrow also marks the three year anniversary of our court date in Ukraine. The whole Fisher crew is headed this way today and tomorrow.
*edited to add that I do know the difference between a horse and a pony... There were mostly ponies and this one token horse... Had forgotten about the horsie until I saw my pictures! lol! (Jiss be quiet, I've had a long week! lol!)

5 comments:

Missy said...

Shelly,
I think I already asked this, but are you doing your gotcha day shoe thing? I have a box here for ya but can't find your address. Email me if you can to let me know. pharteck@hotmail.com Thanks a bunch!

Tami said...

Sounds like a ton of fun! Have a great time!

Anonymous said...

Actually Shelly, you are right in calling that horse a pony 'cause Jim said it was an American Pony. The black one was a miniature horse. Not sure about the medium sized one, though. Have a great party!

Anonymous said...

Aleksa's expression says it all. Such a look of absolute being tickled over riding that horse (pony). We are looking forward to being at the party tomorrow. Just hope you are not too worn out.

Love you all,
Mom

Calico Sky said...

Firstly, I want to come to your VBS, those are COOL prices...but I doubt, whether it's a pony or a horse, it would like me an adult rider :( lol

Wow, what a busy week you are having...! Rest up, any holiday planned? You could use a few days in a hotel with a pool and no cooking/cleaning! lol
Kate