Thursday, August 23, 2007

Whaddayado?

I'm fairly certain our social worker did NOT cover this one in our homestudy conversations, but uh, I just had a first, and frankly, I'm rather stumped as to what to do about it.

Liana just told me that Adam "licked her nose." He just leaned over and licked her on the nose.

This was Definitely not a topic in the parenting strategy books I've read.

Why would he do that? I dunno. It was there? She was in his space? He felt an urge to gross her out? Who could possibly ever know?

All I can think to say is, "OY."


Edited to add "The rest of the story..."

And so, after sitting here perplexed as to "what to do" I called Adam back out from his room, and held The Questioning. lol.

Found out that Liana had asked him what he had in his mouth, and when she wasn't satisfied with the answer she got, she proceeded to STICK HER NOSE IN HIS MOUTH to smell for herself what it was.

And since that's pretty annoying, he licked it. (This mama would have been tempted to BITE, and not lick.) ;O)

So.

We have a bossy-pants little sister who Must Know things that don't concern her, and then tried to get her brother in trouble when she found her nose wet. Talk about backfiring! lol!

Thankfully Mama wasn't hasty in doling out lectures or consequences this time.. *whew*

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

And even though my homestudy was super duper indepth....we haven't covered this one *yet* ! lol

Kate
http://aspecialfamily.blogsot.com

Missy said...

My brother and I did gross stuff like that quite often when we were kids. (I realize now how strange I was as a child...I'm shocked my mom didn't kill us) I'm sure the "mother's curse" will get me back though. You know the one..."I hope you have a child just like you!" Maybe I should start praying for patience now.

vodkamartini said...

Oh, am I finding this all out the hard way.

I've also come to the conclusion that when Vica takes the time to "tattle" on something her little sister has done to her, after "the questioning" come to find that Miss Vica almost ALWAYS instigated it. This also works in reverse....

Today's episode had Natasha crying her little eyes out- not an uncommon occurance chez Sicilian. Anyway, when I asked Vica what happened, she told me that she "tickled" Natasha on her chin and that's why she was crying.

Ummmmm, not quite. After I got Natasha to calm down enough, found out the "tickle" was more like clamping her mouth shut because she was in Vica's face.

Oh boy!!!!

Anonymous said...

Had to laugh this time. So sorry. I can just see Liana with her nose up close. Quite the response there too.

Sure do love them, and all "6" of you!

Mom