Sunday, August 12, 2007

Party!

Fun day yesterday! Friday night Uncle Jared stayed overnight. What a nice uncle! My kiddos sure had him busy! Liana asked him to watch her make bread and I thought, "oh, no, poor guy, he's gonna want to watch that about like he wants to watch paint dry!" But, he did it anyway! What a sweetie! Lots of tickling, reading, chatting, joke-telling, etc. It was so fun!

Yesterday the rest of the Fisher Clan came over. Big birthday dinner, nasty "little girl" cake. (You know, the "fun-fetti" kind with the canned frosting.) (*shudder*) But, the girls liked it, so *sigh*, that's all that mattered, right? lol! I'm going to have to work on their tastes for REAL cake from scratch... we've been making a few lately, but I guess they just aren't "pink" enough for a birthday cake request! ;o)

Grandpa and Grandma spoiled them rotten with dollies and hair thingies and clothes and, and, and... :o) They had an awful lot of fun opening presents! Auntie Cara got them fingernail polish. Their favorite thing in the world! This summer I've been the victim of multi-colored toenails from my polish-lovin' girlies. Good thing I don't much care - my summer shoes are toe-less. lol! Just another badge of motherhood, I guess! When my girls are older, my toes will be one color again, but for now, I enjoy looking down at my tootsies and seeing two layers of smudged, over-the-cuticle purples and pinks. It means my girlies love me!

Back to the usual routine now though. This week has been lots of fun, but I'm looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow!

2 comments:

Calico Sky said...

Bliss!

Happy Happy Birthday sweet darling Liana and Leksa!

Kate

Anonymous said...

We had a wonderful time with all of you! It is so much fun to see the excitement in their dear faces. Adam is growing taller and taller. He has just about passed me up now too. I wonder how much he has grown since December. Several inches, I think! His voice is changing and is lower each time we see him lately. Wonder when he bottoms out?

It was a nice dinner. And the cake was good, Shelly. So much fun! So good to be together. Thank you again.

Love you all,
Mom