Monday, June 26, 2006

Mikhail

Kids love to tell *anybody* stuff that they themselves find interesting. Adam is chatterer. Unfortunatly he isn't the most articulate child we have, and therefore can't always string together his words in the most appropriate fashion.

Yesterday at church we had a fellowship meal after the service. Adam sat with us near his Wednesday night kids' club teachers. To make conversation, he said to them, "My name Mikhail and my papa name Mikhail."

Major throat clearing by his mama.

Had an impromptu chitchat with him about making sure he includes the words "Ukrainian" or "first" or "birth" before the word "papa," because his "Papa" was sitting right next to him and his name is John, not Mikhail. I also reminded him that his birth/Ukrainian/middle name is Mikhail. I guess I'm a little protective of my hubby's feelings too, and figured of the two of us (John or me, I mean), that little reminder needed to come from me.

Thought you'd all want to hear this story as a balance or contrast to Liana's "real mama" comment the other morning.

No comments: