Sunday, July 02, 2006

Full Circle

Things have come full circle to a point. Yesterday I was telling the kids what Independence Day was all about, and explained that one of the ways we are "independent" is that we have the right to vote for our own president. Then I asked the kids if they remember coming with us to vote. I then chuckled thinking of the first time we took them to vote - it was the Presidential election a few years ago, when the kids first came home. The kids had been *angels* waiting in line, etc., and after we left the building, Liana grumbled, "Presents, No!" Evidently she had thought she was going to be getting a Present, not a President.

Anyway, I told that story to the kids yesterday, and Liana sure laughed that she had misunderstood me. Kind of fun to be at the point where THEY are enjoying the humor of what they said/thought those first months home.

No comments: