Sunday, May 13, 2007

Mother's Day Comparisons


Thought it would be fun to do a little compare/contrast... The top pic is from today... My tummy is pooching, though you can't really see it in this pic... It was fun to wear something that proved I was expecting... I still cringed at the part of the church service where the pastor asked "All the moms" to stand up. A part of me wanted to stay seated out of protest for those sweet ladies (including our own pastor's wife!) who haven't ever been able to have children and who feel horrible not being in the "in" crowd on Mother's Day...
The bottom, is 2 years ago, my very first Mother's Day. I'm frazzled there... Not only because my trio was rambunctious and uncooperative, but also because I was still recovering from surgery and dead tired... I had just had an ectopic pg a week or so before... While it was a bummer that I'd just lost a little one, I remember that the sting wasn't nearly as bad as the previous loss... This time when I came home from the hospital, my house was full of laughter, energy, and lots and lots of legos on the floor to step on! Coming home from a hospital after a miscarriage to a house that still didn't have children there was much, much harder for me. An extra sting, if you will.
I'm only 13 weeks right now, and everything is fine as of right now, but ya know, if this pg doesn't work out either, it will be ok. My heart is very full with my sweet Ukies, and I am truly content. It has been a blast being able to share my Pg News though so far, and so, even if something horrible does happen, I'm so thrilled to have been able to have such joy in the days I have had... Last weekend when we did our announcing will always be a delicious memory no matter what happens to Little Fish. Hopefully I'll be able to carry this one the full nine months, but ya know, sometimes we forget to smell TODAY's flowers. And TODAY, the flowers smell wonderful!
(I just heard tonight that a friend from home lost a baby today - Mother's Day - at 11/12 weeks... so this stuff is heavy on the brain...)
Anyway, I'd appreciate your prayers... for me, but especially for my friend... Losing a child is rough, but on Mother's Day? :O(

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting the pictures, Shelly. They have grown soooo much. Growing up way tooooo fast!

You know that we are praying for you and "Little Fish". May there be many precious days ahead.

Love you all,
Mom

Calico Sky said...

Oh Shelly, I have tears streaming down my face, your poor friend. I will be praying for 'little fish' and its super duper awesome siblings!

adoptedthree said...

What you are having a little one-- that is awesome.. prayers for you and your family!!