Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Mr. Toad

The kids found a toad the other day. I could tell they found something from all the screaming and squealing coming from the woods. They brought it home and "played" with it (which means touching it, and screaming, running around the yard and in and out of the house) for a while, and then things got pretty quiet....

Found out the next day that they had killed the toad. Evidently its skin got dried out and it died. That's what they said anyway.

And then they buried it.

And later that day, Liana dug it back up.

It wasn't dead. *gasp*

So, she put it in a box in the garage and kept it overnight.

As Liana excitedly related this amazing story, I turned a few shades of green, but calmly made her go out to the garage, and set Mr. Toad free in the woods where he belonged.

Oy.

4 comments:

Calico Sky said...

Shelly, I am sure you told a story once where you dug something up yourself as a kid??!!

Poor toad....

Anonymous said...

Yes, she did! She dug up a dead rabbit!! It was the first time in her life that her big sister got more than a little bit upset with the little stinker. She was being a "scientist" of sorts and wanted to watch the stages of bunny rabbit decomposition. I was NOT happy with Miss Shelly Ann!! Did she get to finish her "experiment"?? NOT A CHANCE.
;o) Sharon

Shelly said...

You have a great memory, Kate! I talked about my dead rabbit story on my August 23, 2005 entry...

I just won't ever hear the end of that one, will I Sharon?

~Shelly

Anonymous said...

I thought of your rabbit story right away, too, Shelly. Just had to laugh.

Ahh, poor Sharon, glad I didn't have that one to deal with.

Love,
Mom