Friday, December 28, 2007

Christmas Update!

What a nice Christmas! We all headed up to northern Minnesota to John's grandparents' house. It was so nice to see so many aunts, uncles, cousins, etc. It seems so strange that this was my 12th year of going up there... and the kids' fourth. Whoa. I'm getting old. *sigh*

Of course the highlight this year was introducing everyone to Abrielle. Though I was going into Abrielle Withdrawal pretty heavily by the time we left. She was rather passed around among so many grandparents, aunts and cousins! ;O)

I was so proud of my older three though... They were so good! Well, we did have one incident where Liana informed me that Adam was being mean to her. He had "taken the arm off her doll and then put it back on,(!), and he fed her too much water and she peed all over!" It was awful hard to not laugh at her, but I did make up for it by hanging up the doll clothes to dry and saying, "No, no!" to Adam. Otherwise, they did beautifully up there with so many people around, kids running all over the place, etc. They were in 7th Heaven with so many cousins to play with. We had some pretty sad kiddos on Wednesday morning when we left.

Anyway, another highlight was actually a tragedy... The night before our trip (the 23rd), I asked John to trim my hair. Easy, he's been doing so for ages. Just trim the ends. Well, this time, he decided to cut my hair "the fast way" which was to grab all my hair in one hand, and start cutting with the other. Oops. He started cutting and I started asking him what on earth he was doing... but it was too late. He had to finish. I lost six inches. And it was an uneven Mess. The kids all stood around me with mouth a-gape. Liana couldn't believe I didn't cry. There wasn't anything I could do about it either - it was way too short for me to even out. It needed Something Major.

So. The next day after we drove north, John took me to a hair salon to fix it. On the way there he told me I wasn't allowed to use the word "idiot" in my explanation to the beautician. LOL! So I didn't. ;O) I wound up with an ok haircut, but it's one of those trendy cuts that take some getting used-to if it is on your head and you're not a trendy kind-of-a-gal. Layered, and chin length. Haven't had hair this short since the sixth grade.

But the fact that he got me a new wedding ring made up for it... I had lost mine three years ago at Christmas time and never had it replaced 'til now. My ring finger is very happy to have something on it!

Hope you all had a Merry Christmas too!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Shelly! What a Christmas! I know only too well how having the kids all settled down and well-behaved in the midst of no routine and lots of people is a HUGE deal. They are thriving with your awesome parenting!

But what I really want to say is - you MUST post a picture of your new "trendy hairdo"!!! :-)

Tami said...

Where are the pictures??!!

Anonymous said...

Shelly,

Where's the picture of your new hair cut????? And Ring???

I am so happy for all of the Fisher clan. If your ever in the INDY, IN area please let me know. I would love to see you all again.

Brenda

vodkamartini said...

Sounds like a wonderful Christmas.

How about a picture of the new haircut Shelly????

Anonymous said...

I love Shelly's new "do". She looks very nice. But I do have to say there was some fixing to be done there. I love her long hair too, though. Thankfully it all turned out well. That ring did earn John a few extra points I must say. Good job John!!!

We did have a wonderful Christmas together. Sorry you had Abrielle withdrawal, but I am happy that I got to cuddle her. Such a good baby. And yes, the kids were very good. We love them soooo much!

Love you all,
Mom