Sunday, December 02, 2007

Tired

And so, we're closing in on three weeks with an infant. Very different from having three Ukie kiddos home three weeks. Yup, it's hard work having an infant, but, oh is it infinitely easier than what we went through the first weeks having the other three home. Do you know that when we lay Abby down, she STAYS there? lol! And while she does cry when she's lonely, hungry and wet, she never once screamed "Durka Mamka!" at me ("Stupid Witch Mother!") Or run away from home, or tried to pee in anyone's sippy cups or broken anyone's prized possessions, or, or, or...

That said, however, I do admit to being somewhat of a zombie lately. The Little Miss loves being awake at night, and that means I am too. And because my energy level is so low lately, my laundry is piled higher than it has been in AGES, and the house is about ready to fall apart with clutter. The girls' room is a disaster zone. I didn't even make our bed this morning. I *ALWAYS* make our bed. This is big news over here.

But we're happy! :O) And Abrielle is getting to be a little, uh, shall we say, um, spoiled? lol! I don't think she's been set down by herself more than a handful of times Ever. Not unless we're putting her in her swing, and that doesn't count, 'cause it's educational. (It has a mobile and plays music..) There is always someone who wants to hold her around here. If she makes even the slightest peep, there we all are trying to pacify her. We're pathetic.

Abby was just now in her crib, and started to fuss. I thought, "I should see if she knows how to calm herself down..." And so, instead of running over to the crib, I let her cry. Not five minutes later, John came into the room and said, "Aren't you going to get her?" And he picked her up, and instantly, she quieted down. John said, in his gurgly I'm-talking-to-a-baby voice, "All she needs is a little love... oh look! A TEAR puddle on her matress! Ma-ma! Shame! It's ok, Abrie, Papa is here..."

And so I invited him to go love on her for a while. Hopefully she'll stay awake longer so she'll sleep tonight. I really just plain gotta get some laundry done tomorrow...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, Shelly, I can hear John saying it to you and Abrie. I love to see him being a papa for the 4th time. No spoiling there - Grandma and Grandpa can't be there very often so she has to get all the extra love and attention that she can. Remember - grandparents don't spoil grandchildren they just give them lots of love and attention. It's our privilege. (hee hee)
So glad that you have her to fill your arms - all 5 pair. Thinking of all the joy shining in your faces makes me teary. God has richly blessed you (and us) with these four precious children.

I hope you get some more rest, and wish I could come and do some laundry.

Love you lots and lots,
Mom

Calico Sky said...

This post brought tears to my eyes, your home is filled with love Shelley, you are one of the most awe inspiring families I know!
And you know I'm coming home soon and would love to meet as we won't be that far apart, well a few hours!!